We are currently looking for:
If you are interested in becoming one of our site fitters and have the skills, ambition and ability to work away from home then please e-mail your CV. Candidates must have a proven track record in this field.
If you are an experienced bench joiner with at least 10 years experience in the specialist area of furniture manufacture and are seeking employment – please e-mail your CV.
Vacancy for an Experienced Furniture Designer with the following skills:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of producing detailed drawings of bespoke furniture for manufacture using Rhinoceros 3D or SolidWorks.
- A strong understanding of furniture production methods and materials.
Main areas of responsibility would include:
- Design Development for Bars, Reception Counters, Wall Panelling, Feature Ceilings, Banquette Seating and more.
- Researching and integrating components/fittings
- Generating clear and accurate approval and production drawings to the highest standards.
- Regular visits to our workshop to ensure projects are being manufactured as intended.
Salary negotiable dependant on experience – please email your CV.
We are looking for a Project Delivery Manager to join our team, with proven experience in the bespoke furniture and specialist joinery design and manufacture sector. This role will add to a driven and experienced team of Project Managers.
- A good understanding of design, manufacture, installation, and client management of bespoke joinery and furniture projects.
- Strong, competent, communicator across all levels of personnel; verbally and written.
- A flexible driven approach, taking ownership of a project ensuring client satisfaction and project delivery on time and on budget.
- The ability to work on several projects at a time, managing own time effectively and meeting regular tight deadlines. Working efficiently and juggling workload and priorities accordingly.
- Experience of managing project budgets, cashflow and accurate invoicing.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude, a team player, able to play a key part in dynamic and driven company.
- Experience of planning and scheduling bespoke joinery projects (experience of Microsoft Project preferred) with an understanding of sequencing a project through internal departments, and with other trades on site.
- Confident and approachable with strong customer service values and client management experience.
- Strong IT skills and competent knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes.
- Understanding of construction contracts
To apply, please email your CV.
We look forward to hearing from you!
J Carey Design have been working in partnership with Craven College, Skipton since 2011. In this time we have trained and developed a number of young people to become highly skilled and qualified Joiners/Carpenters.
Whilst Craven College are primarily working to provide the delivery of the qualifications for the Apprenticeship, they also provide support to the employer and learner to facilitate the successful achievement of the qualification and to ensure that J Carey Design ends up with a skilled and valuable member of their team. J Carey Design enhances the learner experience with their excellent on-the-job training delivered by time-served craftsmen and teach the Apprentices additional skills in specialist joinery and bespoke design.
“Craven College are proud of the continuing relationship we have with Jonathan and team and are looking forward to working with them for some years to come in providing excellent career opportunities for young people who are keen to learn and want to get into the industry.”